For the first time in its history, UofL’s student newspaper, The Louisville Cardinal, produced a cover spread for the week of October 16, 2018 focused on sustainability!
Though we may disagree with the sentiment that “It Ain’t Easy Being Green,” we are thrilled with The Cardinal’s consistent and continued coverage of UofL Sustainability initiatives throughout the fall 2018 semester, and it’s highlighting of UofL Sustainability Week 2018! The Week continues, so don’t miss all of the great upcoming events:
UofL Sustainability Week – Oct. 18-26, 2018
A full week of events to celebrate, raise awareness, and engage your passions for environmental, social & economic justice! Upcoming events include:
- Tuesday, Oct. 23, 6:02pm – Wednesday, Oct. 24, 11:59pm – UofL Day of Giving – Support Sustainability Initiatives!
- Wednesday, Oct. 24, 10am-2pm – 11th Annual Campus Sustainability Day Fair (Humanities Quad)
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 10:30am–1:30pm – LAST Gray Street Farmers’ Market (HSC)
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 11am – Health Sciences Center Green Team Kickoff (HSC – Abell 110)
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 5pm – Group Recycling And Sustainable Solutions (GRASS) Relaunch! (Cultural Center MPR)
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 6pm – UofL KY Author Forum: There Will Be No Miracles Here. Casey Gerald in conversation with Van Jones (KY Center for Performing Arts)
- Friday, Oct. 26, 11am – Roundtable: Sustainability Distilled with Dr. Tamara Sluss (Urban Studies 200)
- Friday, Oct. 26, noon – Sustainability & Cannabis EcoReps/Garden Commons Workshop (Ekstrom W210)
- Friday, Oct. 26, 6pm – Koyaanisqatsi (Speed Art Museum Cinema)