Cardinal Impact Innovation Weekend
Oct 14, 2022 05:00 PM
Oct 16, 2022 07:00 PM
|Where||Belknap Academic Building|
|Add event to calendar||
You're invited to come together for a fun weekend focused on making a difference in the world. Students, faculty, researchers, community members, and mentors will rally around identifying problems in five key health equity areas in Louisville, brainstorm together on how to solve them, and you'll meet amazing people along the way while we create a solution and launch your ideas. Problems can range from Housing and urban revitalization, Environmental challenges, Food accessibility, Maternal and children challenges, mental health addressing poverty, racial issues, and more.
This event is open to students currently attending the University of Louisville, faculty, researchers, employees or community members looking to make a difference or starting companies with social impact.
And did we mention you'll earn a certificate of completion? This can definitely help you in building out your personal brand, impact, and awareness!
Friday (5:00 - 10:00 PM): Come with your ideas to tackle one of the 5 key focus areas. Everyone will have the opportunity to pitch their idea. We will form teams based on the to-rated ideas to move forward through the weekend. We'll provide dinner and snacks to keep you fueled.
Saturday (10:00 AM - 6:00 PM) Curated workshops help you through the problem-solving process, including coaching with community & industry experts. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and evening snacks will be provided.
Sunday (9:00 AM - 7:00 PM): Wrap up your prototyping, and prepare your presentations. We’ll conclude the day with a showcase and next steps to prepare you to move forward with your ideas. We'll provide breakfast, lunch, and an evening celebration.
The event will kick off Friday night, Students, faculty, researchers, and community members of all backgrounds who are eager to make an impact will rally around addressing Health Equity problems in our community.
After time to brainstorm + pitch, together we will identify crowd favorites and form teams around them. Participants will then spend the weekend mentored by top social entrepreneurs, non-profit leaders, venture capitalists, and prominent business professionals as they vet their ideas and build them into real products – physical products, apps, websites and anything else that will innovate on the issues we face in the community.
Sunday, we will showcase our progress, and ask the community for the tools you need to move forward. There will be a follow-up event in the Spring with grant funding available for teams moving forward out of this event.
Why should you attend?
- You'll make an impact on the community and the world by working to solve top health equity issues we face through innovation and entrepreneurship.
- You'll learn a lot about specific issues in the Louisville community, how to bring an idea into a well-vetted reality and how to physically build something amazing.
- You have the ability to launch a real social enterprise and qualify for up to grant funding in Fall'22.
- You'll meet an awesome community of motivated people – people who will work with you and change the world. It will range from peers to researchers, faculty and mentors across the Kentuckiana business community and beyond.
- Most importantly, you'll walk away with skills and experience that can be added to your resume such as teamwork, collaboration, business problem solving, public speaking, pitching your idea, working across diversity, and many more traits. You'll also get a certificate of completion.
- Not to mention, we will feed you 6 meals, swag, and friends for a lifetime.