2016-17 UofL Sustainability Annual Report released
The UofL Sustainability Council FY 2016-2017 Report highlights progress in sustainability across the university from July 2016 through June 2017.
FY 2016-17 Sustainability Milestones for UofL
- UofL Greenhouse Gas Emissions down 25% since 2006, an 18.69% reduction from the 2008 baseline.
- Increased ranking to #43 in Sierra Club’s 2016 Cool Schools list, ranking highest in Kentucky.
- Featured in the 2016 Princeton Review's Guide to 361 Green Colleges.
- Achieved Tree Campus USA status from the Arbor Day Foundation for the 7th year running.
- Formed a Committee on Investor Responsibility within the Sustainability Council.
- Began participating in shareholder advocacy using ISS' Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) Proxy Voting Guidelines.
- Funded new Cooperative Consortium for Transdisciplinary Social Justice Research.
- UofL Sustainability Coordinator, Dr. Justin Mog received the 2016 Green Spark Leadership Award from Project Warm; and the Partnership for a Green City's 2017 Joan Riehm Memorial Environmental Leadership Award.
- UofL Board of Trustees & CPE approved the launch of a baccalaureate degree in Sustainability.
- SUST course code searchability went live on the online Schedule of Classes.