Campus Tree Advisory Committee Fall 2021 Meeting
Oct 01, 2021
from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
|Contact Name||Justin Mog|
|Add event to calendar||
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
Or dial-in at 502-792-9582 (Conference ID: 841 628 012#)
The Campus Tree Advisory Committee is open to all employees, students & community members interested in helping UofL protect & expand our tree population. We meet just once a semester. The agenda includes:
- Updates: recent/impending tree plantings, removals and maintenance plans
- Updates/Maintenance of Belknap Tree Tour:
- Digital Tour: Seeking comments: Branch Out Story Map and interactive map
- Physical Tour: Tree Tour pamphlet and plaque replacements?
- Update on Campus Tree Inventory & UofL Tree App
- Planning for UofL Arbor Day Celebration 2021
- Schedule for Friday, Oct. 29th?
10am Planting at HSC?
Noon EcoReps Arbor Day Lunch & Learn: Green Heart Project (Ekstrom 254 or online)
1pm Arbor Day Tree Planting Workshop (Garden Commons, Strickler Hall)
- What? Plant trees – what kind/where? Give away saplings? Offer fruit and tree-based smoothies? Other ideas?
- Where at HSC? Potential planting location?
- Who? Any volunteers to help out?
Tree-related Service Learning Projects
- Prep: 2022 Maple-Tapping season
- Any fall tree-planting volunteer opportunities on or off campus?
- Any 2021-22 classes on offer which are/could integrate tree-related service learning?
- Other items? Contact the Chair, Justin Mog at firstname.lastname@example.org