UofL Dining Hiring New Sustainability Coordinator
UofL Dining by Aramark has posted a new job listing for a Sustainability Coordinator who will work closely with the UofL Sustainability Council and others to support our campus sustainability initiatives. Those interested can learn more and apply online here.
Sustainability Coordinator - University of Louisville Dining
As the Dining Services Sustainability Coordinator, my role is to align our operations with Aramark and University sustainability goals through education, training, and communication with our management and staff as well as the University community and to implement standard procedures in responsible sourcing, local purchasing, efficient operations, and waste minimization.
- Implement a comprehensive waste minimization strategy
- Establish relationships with local growers/producers through approved supply chain management processes
- Work with operations team on energy and water conservation initiatives
- Create sustainability marketing and education awareness campaigns and events
- Participate in regular meetings with campus sustainability departments, student groups, and organizations to collaborate on sustainability initiatives and ensure sustainability goals and projects align
- Coordinate sustainability training for management team and employees
- Plan education field trips for students to local farms and suppliers
- Ensure all campus locations adhere to AAHE standards
- Collaborate with various colleges and departments to grow participation in the sustainability initiatives supported by Dining Services
- Supervise, lead, train, and monitor the activities of Dining Services staff to accomplish the above
- Serve as department liaison to the campus community for sustainability-related programs, projects, policies, challenges, ideas, and issues. Engage managers, to develop, implement, and manage campus sustainability solutions.
- Prepare budget proposals, recommendations, and approvals where appropriate.
- Work with management team to evaluate effectiveness and potential of unique project, programs, or functions
- Oversee the development and facilitation of online content, workshops, meetings, or conferences with high impact on program and/or participation; monitor logistics, scheduling, and participant communications.
- Represent university and dining program, when appropriate, in public relations/liason capacity on matters relating to function, project, program, and/or production, including external conferences and seminars
- Maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Represent the department and serve on various department and university committees
- Additional: Create and maintain records of local food spend percentage quarterly reports.
- Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
- Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first year as a lead
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
- Strong organizational skills
- High School Diploma/GED