Carpool Week! Sept. 24-30
Sep 24, 2023 12:00 AM
Sep 30, 2023 11:55 PM
|Add event to calendar||
To wrap up the Cards Commuter Challenge 2023, we encourage you to try sharing the ride and discovering all the benefits of building community, making new friends, and sharing the costs and burden of driving! Many people near you are also headed to UofL or other destinations, so consider sharing the ride with your neighbors. You'll save money, build community, reduce pollution, ease traffic congestion, and reduce parking problems for everyone! Discover all of your options with our free Cardinal Directions trip-planning and carpool-matching service.
- Whether you want to carpool for your daily commute, a few times a week, or just for a one-time trip, Cardinal Directions is the easiest way to connect.
- You can also use Cardinal Directions to coordinate carpools to events such as conferences, concerts, parties, sporting events, etc.
- Quickly set-up a profile for free by Registering here. Then you can post your ride offers or needs and Cardinal Directions will help connect you.
- Log Your Trips on the Cardinal Directions Dashboard to be eligible for incentive programs throughout the year and to keep track of your miles, money saved, calories burned, and carbon dioxide emissions avoided!
- Check out the for details about getting special carpool parking permits (applicable to any color permit at no extra cost) and preferential, designated carpool parking spaces. Just contact us with your interest at Carpool@louisville.edu.
- Not only can the permit cost be easily split by the members of the carpool via payroll deduction, but since we know there may be occasions when members of the carpool will have to drive in separately, UofL's carpool permits come with 8 daily parking passes per semester for all members of the carpool.
- Even if you and three other potential carpoolers don't have access to your own reliable vehicle, you can still share the ride through Commute by Enterprise.
- is a regional service for setting-up Vanpools, Carpools, and even with your neighbors throughout Kentuckiana. They also administer the free Emergency Ride Home program for anyone who regularly bikes, buses, carpools, or vanpools and registers with Every Commute Counts.