New SGA Leadership Backs Sustainability
The UofL Sustainability Council congratulates Elijah Cooper '22 on his recent victory in the Student Government Association (SGA) elections for 2021-22!
Eli is a junior Social Change & Political Science Major, who has just been elected by the student body to serve on SGA's Top 4 Executive Board as the Services Vice-President.
While sustainability concerns have always been in the purview of the Services VP, we were particularly excited to see Cooper win after running on a platform that centers sustainability.
Eli's candidate platform called for:
- "Divestment from fossil fuels and unsustainable energy
- Increased campus accessibility
- Expansion of the Cardinal Cupboard, Free Store, and other key student services
- Elimination of the Housing Cancellation Fee and other anti-student housing policies
- Promotion of inclusive spaces, especially in new constructions
- Maintaining COVID safety precautions"
We are excited to welcome Eli onto the UofL Sustainability Council and to work with him to continue building on the solid foundations of his predecessors.
We would like to particularly recognize the valiant efforts to prioritize sustainability initiatives by the out-going SGA Services VP, Henny Ransdell, who will be graduating in May after serving four years as the Council's Sustainability Communications Intern!
Congratulations and our deepest gratitude to both Henny and Eli!