What is Health Equity-Social Justice Research?
Nov 17, 2022
from 12:15 PM to 01:45 PM
|Where||Shumaker Research Building Room 139|
|Add event to calendar||
IN-PERSON: Shumaker Research Building Room 139 OR Join virtually on MS Teams
Join us to consider how different kinds of research advance social and health equity in our community. Speakers will address how different disciplines, such as art, law, STEM, and education, are integral to health and social equity research. Those interested in Health Equity Innovation Hub funding will gain insights on how to craft a strong proposal for the upcoming 2023 funding cycle. Panelists include:
- Toya Northington, Speed Art Museum
- Monica Wendel, Health Equity Innovation Hub
- Meera Alagaraja, College of Education and Human Development
- Shavonnie Carthens, Brandeis School of Law
- Morshedul Alam, Department of Industrial Engineering
- Ruby Young, School of Public Health and Information Sciences
This event is organized by the Consortium, established as UofL’s Cooperative Consortium for Transdisciplinary Social Justice Research, which has joined forces with the newly established Health Equity Innovation Hub. Our work is focused on building and sustaining a community of transdisciplinary social justice researchers. Free lunch will be provided!