The faculty, staff and students at the Health Sciences Center collaborate with professionals throughout the region to improve the well-being of the people throughout Kentucky and beyond by finding solutions to the health care issues that plague the Commonwealth.
The Health Sciences Center is committed to providing an environment of inclusiveness through the understanding and celebration of the many differences in perspectives, thoughts, experiences, belief systems and cultures of our students, faculty and staff.
Home to Centers
Multidisciplinary research centers and institutes focus on health issues that significantly impact people throughout the world.
- Feb 08, 2016 Gut environment could reduce severity of malaria
- Feb 08, 2016 UofL family and geriatric medicine chair named to U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- Feb 08, 2016 James Graham Brown Cancer Center first in Kentucky to offer one-day treatment for early-stage breast cancer
- Feb 05, 2016 M&I summer research opportunity
- Feb 03, 2016 Latest developments in the artificial heart to be discussed at Beer with a Scientist Feb. 10
- Feb 05, 2016 Children receive free dental screenings and oral health education
- Dec 22, 2015 ADA New Dentist Conference
- Dec 16, 2015 Oral surgeon to focus on pediatric cleft and craniofacial surgery
- Dec 14, 2015 New patent on synthetic molecules brings researchers closer to therapeutic approach for gum disease
- Dec 02, 2015 Statewide children’s oral health surveillance initiative launches in Bullitt County
- Feb 04, 2016 Polivka appears on WHAS11 to recruit for asthma study
- Feb 04, 2016 Graduate students advocate in Frankfort
- Jan 20, 2016 UofL’s nursing school selected for Owensboro Chamber of Commerce 2016 Business of the Year for Education and Workforce Development
- Jan 07, 2016 UofL online RN-to-BSN program ranked among nation’s best
- Dec 22, 2015 Red Cross recognizes efforts of nursing students
- Jan 12, 2016 Benitez selected for New Investigator Small Grant Program
- Jan 12, 2016 Wallis reflects on her experience in Gambia
- Jan 04, 2016 New public health faculty to direct Louisville Metro Department of Public Health & Wellness Center for Health Equity
- Nov 20, 2015 UofL establishes Youth Violence Prevention Research Center
- Nov 12, 2015 UofL researchers present preliminary data from asthma study to Metro Council committee