Fall 2019 Campus Tree Advisory Committee Meeting
Nov 22, 2019
from 02:00 PM to 03:30 PM
|Contact Name||Justin Mog|
|Add event to calendar||
The Campus Tree Advisory Committee is open to all employees, students & community members interested in helping UofL protect & expand our tree population. We meet just once a semester. The agenda includes:
- Updates: recent/impending tree plantings, removals and maintenance plans (Greg)
- Communication Plan: information sharing with the campus community about major tree removals
- Update on Campus Tree Inventory & UofL Tree App (Bob / Sarah)
- Updates/Maintenance of Belknap Tree Tour – New brochure? ELSB funded plaque replacements? (Tammy)
Plan for 2020 UofL Arbor Day Observances (Justin)
1. Perhaps Friday, April 3rd, (KY Arbor Day), 11am-2pm, Belknap Campus – location?
2. HSC Arbor Day Event?
- Role of Grounds Crew & Tree Planting plan (Greg)
- Role of Campus Housing/Sustainability Living-Learning Community (Marcus / Melissa)
- Role of UofL Dining (Ellen)
- Role of Health Promotion
- Role of KY and/or Metro Louisville Divisions of Forestry? (Bridget/Erin)
- Planning for Tree give-away?
3. Athletics Arbor Day planting with student athletes?
Tree-relatedService Learning Projects
- Planning for 2019 Maple-Tapping season (Linda, Dave, Avalon, Sydney, Alanis)
- All are encouraged to volunteer to help with these fall plantings in UofL’s Tree-borhood:
- Limerick Tree Planting - Saturday, 11/30, 9am, 700 block of St. Catherine (38 trees)
- Louisville Grows Schnitzelburg/Meriwether Tree Planting - Saturday, 12/7, 8am-4pm, 1567 S Shelby St (266 trees)
- Any 2020 classes on offer which are/could integrate tree-related service learning?
- Reminder of reporting needs for 2019 Tree Campus USA application
- Other items? Contact the Chair, Justin Mog at email@example.com