Campus Tree Advisory Committee - Fall 2017 Meeting
Dec 05, 2017
from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
|Where||Ekstrom Library W210|
|Contact Name||Justin Mog|
|Add event to calendar||
The Campus Tree Advisory Committee is open to all employees, students & community members interested in helping UofL protect & expand our tree population. We meet just once a semester. The agenda includes:
- Updates: recent tree plantings, removals and maintenance plans (Greg & Aaron)
- Updates/Maintenance of Belknap Tree Tour – ELSB will assist with plaque replacements
- Glenn Gittings has proposed a volunteer tree-planting project on campus to involve faculty/staff
- Plan for a 2018 UofL Arbor Day Observance
- Perhaps Friday, April 6th (Kentucky’s official Arbor Day)?
- Potential involvement of Campus Housing/Green House?
- Potential involvement of UofL Dining?
- Tree seedling give-away? Tree plantings?
- Planning for tree-related Service Learning Projects
- Planning for 2018 Maple-Tapping as extra-curricular project, perhaps with Garden Commons
- Any 2018 classes on offer which are/could integrate tree-related service learning?
- Update on Campus Tree Inventory & UofL Tree App
- Reminder of reporting needs for 2017 Tree Campus USA application
- Other items? Contact the Chair, Justin Mog at firstname.lastname@example.org