Launching Blackboard Collaborate
When will I have access to my program’s organization?
Your individual UofL alias will be added to the program’s organization list allowing you continuous access to the organization. That is why we ask for all of the moderators, facilitators, and anyone else who might be assisting with an info session when you fill out the form (http://uofl.me/request-infosession) requesting an info session. Once we receive your form, we make sure all of the names you provide are on the leader list and add anyone who is not.
How do I find my organization?
When you log into Blackboard, review the section labeled “Organizations you are leading.” Under that section you will find a list of all organizations you happen to be leading at UofL, including the info session. From there, select your program’s name (e.g. “RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing” or “Social Work”).
How do I launch the Collaborate room when it is time to host the Info Session?
In order to set up the Collaborate room when you are ready to host the Info Session, complete the following steps:
- Log in to Blackboard using your individual UofL alias (e.g. email@example.com)
- Select your organization under “Organizations you are leading”
- Select ULTRA Info Session under the navigation tool bar to the left
- Select the name of your program
- The Collaborate session will automatically launch
- Upload your PowerPoint presentation. Need ideas for your presentation PowerPoint? Download the provided PowerPoint template [PPTX] and adjust it to fit your program's needs
- Be ready to greet and welcome your guests before the presentation!
Having trouble launching the room?
Troubleshoot the following:
- Do you have the most up-to-date Java?
- Do you have Blackboard Collaborate Launcher downloaded on the computer you are using?