Respondus Monitor is a companion application for LockDown Browser that acts as virtual proctor for online exams. Using webcam and video technology to record student test-taking, the Monitor tool discourages cheating during online exams and promotes a more successful learning environment.
The tool integrates seamlessly with Blackboard and is ideal for non-proctored test administration.
Why Implement Respondus Monitor?
Students using Respondus Monitor in UofL’s pilot program reported a very positive experience with the application.
- 95.3% found Respondus Monitor somewhat or very easy to use
- 80% indicated they believe using Respondus Monitor promotes academic integrity
- 78% were somewhat or very satisfied with their experience using Respondus Monitor
- Increases academic integrity for online courses and online-administered exams
- Enables more class time to be used for teaching
- Automatically flags suspicious behavior during exams
- Holds students accountable for preparation
- Allows tests and quizzes to be taken from any location, at any time
- Saves on cost and time otherwise spent traveling to class, with no proctor fee
If you need help getting started with Respondus Monitor, visit http://louisville.edu/delphi/blackboard/help.
Learn More About Respondus Monitor
Respondus offers webinars for both Lockdown Browser and Monitor.