- Navigate to https://support.panopto.com and select "Log In"
- Select "New User?" and complete the form firstname.lastname@example.org is required in the "Email Address" field (example: JQPUBL01 - John Q. Public) https://louisville.hosted.panopto.com is required in the "Panopto Site URL" field
- Check your email and click on the link provided
- Create a password. (You are free to choose any password, it has no reflection to your UofL account.)
- Select your name "John Public", then "My Account"
- Verify the "Account Name" field lists "University of Louisville" If so, begin using the site If the field indicates you are not affiliated with University of Louisville, move to the next step
- Call 855.726.6786 Ext 443
- Explain to the representative that the "Account Name" field should list "University of Louisville"
- Verify the "Account Name" field is populated
- Log out, login and begin using the site
Video and Lecture Capture
Panopto (pronounced "Puh-NAUP-toe" allows you to create, edit and import video or lecture capture for your courses. This online tool also allows for live streaming and mobile capture on multiple devices. Panopto is available for free to all UofL faculty and is integrated into Blackboard, allowing you to easily embed video into your courses. Additional tools include interactive quizzes and importing automatic captions.
How to Install Panopto for Mac
Read the Documentation
How to Install Panopto for Students
Read the Documentation [PDF]
Direct Link to Access Panopto
ULink credentials are required for direct access
How to Copy Panopto Recordings
Read the Documentation [PDF]
Webinars from Panopto
Become a member to the Panopto community by signing up for an account. UofL community members receive Emerald package benefits including 24/7 support by email, limited support by phone and chat, weekly office hours, and bi-weekly webinars. Here are the steps for creating your account:
Click here to view the steps
Webinars are available twice a month (2nd and 4th Wednesday). The Basic Training Webinar is designed for new users and beginners who would like to learn how to use the Panopto software. The Advanced Webinar covers a specific topic and is designed for users with an understanding of Panopto's basic functionality and use.
Here you can find both Basic training Webinars (on 2nd Wednesday of each Month) and Advanced Training Webinars (on the 4th Wednesday of each Month) with topics that include Creating Playlists, Distributed Recording and LMS Course Copy with Panopto integration.
If you have a topic that you'd like us to discuss, please e-mail email@example.com and we'll be happy to cover it during an upcoming webinar!
Panopto also offers Friday Q & A (Office Hours)
If you have general questions about anything Panopto, don't forget our weekly office hours every Friday at 1PM EST.
24/7 Support is available online at support.panopto.com.
8AM-8PM EST Monday - Friday Support is available, login to your community account to chat live with a support technician at https://support.panopto.com.
Panopto offers ongoing introduction and advanced classes. In addition, every Friday at 1PM EST, Panopto hosts virtual office hours for faculty.
Contact the Delphi Center Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm at 502.852.8833 or by email.
Panopto is not to be used for any [UofL] sensitive or confidential information such as HIPAA or personally identifiable information. Do not use Panopto to communicate any of the HIPAA 18 identifiers listed below (e.g. don’t use initials as they are based on name) or any other individually identifiable information (e.g. name with governmental/university id). Your use of this system with this information could result in disciplinary action and could result in fines or penalties to you and/or the University.
- 1. Names
- 2. All geographic subdivisions smaller than state (zip codes etc.)
- 3. All elements of dates related to an individual
- 4. Telephone numbers
- 5. Fax Numbers
- 6. Email Addresses
- 7. Social Security numbers
- 8. Medical Record Numbers
- 9. Health Plan beneficiary numbers
- 10. Account numbers
- 11. Biometric Identifiers (finger and voice prints)
- 12. Vehicle Identifiers and serial numbers
- 13. Device Identifiers and serial numbers
- 14. Web Universal Resource Locators (URLs)
- 15. Internet Protocol address numbers (IP Address)
- 16. Certificate/license numbers
- 17. Full face photographic images
- 18. Any other unique identifying number or characteristic or code