Ecology and Sustainability Themed Community
The Sustainability Program and Biology Department have partnered together to host a sustainability and natural world Themed Community. This residential community is open to ANY STUDENTS interested in the broad theme and perfect for students interested or majoring in Sustainability through Urban and Public Affairs and students in the Biology BS, Ecology track. Students in this themed community will have opportunities to cement the lessons of the classroom through practical application, service, and community-building.
Location: University Tower Apartments
Advisors: Dr. Lina Fuselier and Dr. Justin Mog
- Get to know faculty and staff from across the university and from multiple departments working on sustainability and conservation efforts
- Participate in sustainability and conservation-related service and leadership opportunities on and off campus
- Explore your impact and take action
- Conduct conversation-based scientific field work in forests and other natural areas
- Go hiking
- Learn to identify plants
- Plant a garden
- Work at the compost facility and create positive change on campus
- Programming is designed to expand your understanding of sustainability, ecology, and conservation and connect you to fellow students, faculty, staff, and community members with similar interests and much more!
Who can apply?
Students who are full-time in any major who are also interested in sustainability, ecology, or conservation.