Bayard Rustin LGBTQ+ and Social Justice TC
In partnership with the LGBT Center, the Bayard Rustin Social Justice TC is for students who want to learn more about and be allies of our different underrepresented student groups such as the LGBTQ+ community. Named for gay civil rights leader Bayard Rustin, this community is designed for those interested in bringing together an intentional community of students who wish to live in a safe, inclusive environment for all students.
Location: University Tower Apartments
Advisor: Katy Garrison
- Model the nonviolent social justice principles of Bayard Rustin by learning to support one’s own community and to be an ally to others
- Explore LGBTQ+ culture through programming, service, and respectful dialogue
- Connect students to the larger LGBTQ+ community on campus and in Louisville
- Connect participants with campus partners that work towards creating safe, inclusive spaces for all students
Who can apply?
- Any student, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression
Learn more about other gender-inclusive housing options on campus.