School of Music Living Learning Community
In partnership with the School of Music, the School of Music LLC supports, encourages, engages, and enhances the development of the 21st century musician. This residential community provides students majoring in music the opportunity to engage with different groups on campus, to receive resources and support for skills and wellness issues related to musicians, and to explore entrepreneurial opportunities.
Advisor: Krista Wallace-Boaz
- Learning techniques for reducing stress and focusing on self-care
- Opportunities to engage with the campus and local communities
- Peer Mentor to support and assist with the transition to becoming a music major
- Tutoring and group study opportunities
- Opportunities to meet and work with music faculty outside of the classroom setting
- Social outings to engage with the artistic community
- Participants will register for Music Theory and Intro to Music Study courses
Who can apply?
- Any incoming first-year student majoring in Music
Fall: MUS 100
Spring: MUS 141/241 (pending placement exam)
Meet the Advisor
Krista Wallace-Boaz, Assistant Dean for Student Programs, Director of Graduate Studies and Associate Professor of Piano and Pedagogy for the University of Louisville School Of Music, teaches class piano, piano pedagogy, chamber music, and applied piano. She may be heard on multiple CD’s including Journey, Free Flying, and American Fusion, produced by Emeritus Recordings. A 2013 recipient of the University of Louisville’s Distinguished Faculty Award for Service to the Community, Wallace-Boaz holds a Doctor of Music in Piano Performance and Pedagogy from Northwestern University. She currently serves as the Director of Operations for the Chamber Music Society of Louisville and is the Young Artist/Chamber Music Coordinator for MTNA’s Southern Division Competitions.