Honors Living Learning Community
In partnership with the University Honors Program, , the Honors LLCs are designed to create purposeful links among academic, residential, and social components of the university experience. Members of the LLCs live together and participate in group co-curricular activities. This shared academic involvement provides the foundation for the student’s LLC experience. Living in the Honors LLCs provides several unique academic and social benefits including academic advising, on-site classes, and special opportunities for faculty, staff, and student interactions.
Location: Kurz Hall
- Broad academic and social collaborations facilitate coursework and the transition to university study.
- Strengthen relationships with faculty members and peers.
- Individualized planning sessions with an Honors academic advisor.
- Programming designed for your interests.
- Guaranteed living space in the Honors residence hall.
- High level of academic engagement through Honors courses.
- Additional academic assistance and services for LLC members.
- Numerous opportunities to connect with faculty and staff.
Who can apply?
- All Honors-eligible students may apply for the Honors First Year LLC.
Honors First-Year LLC
All Honors students who wish to live in Kurz Hall should apply to participate in the Honors First-Year LLC. This LLC does not require students to enroll in a specific set of linked courses. Students are able to choose which Honors courses they prefer to take and should plan to enroll in at least one Honors course during the 2023 - 2024 academic year. These courses will be selected in conjunction with an Honors advisor summer orientation. In addition, students in the Honors First-Year LLC have the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular programming throughout the year focused on community building and academic success. If you have any questions about this LLC, please contact Luke Buckman.
For any additional questions related to Honors LLCs, please contact Luke Buckman.