Belknap Village North
The first of two new state-of-the-art residence halls, Belknap Village North opened for first-year students in Fall 2021. Belknap Village North is located on the site of the old parking lot next to the Red Barn. Its construction marked a large milestone in our ongoing campus development.
Hall Director: Dailyn "Oodie" Tichenor
Located in the Heart of Campus
As visitors enter campus and approach North Information Center, they will be greeted from a short distance by Belknap Village North. Alumnae, as well, will catch a glimpse of this modern campus addition on their commute to the University Club. Like all residents of our traditional halls, Belknap Village North residents find themselves immersed in the heart of campus. Located directly adjacent to the Student Activities Center (SAC) and popular social venue the Red Barn, Belknap Village North places first-year students within a two-minute walking distance of restaurants, cafes such as Starbucks, a campus movie theater, the university bookstore, and several classes as well as offices.
Designed by Students for Students
Designed largely by students for students, our Student Government Association and Residence Hall Association were instrumental in the design and style of Belknap Village North. The new hall is adjoined by our university's new Cultural and Equity Center, which is accessible to all students via the exterior of the building.
Divided by wing, each floor of this 452-bed residence hall features the following:
- traditional-style double-occupancy rooms with modern flooring
- traditional-style single-occupancy rooms with modern flooring
- Beds are not loftable; however, each bed contains two storage units underneath which may be removed to another location in the room.
- a laundry facility
- a bathroom hallway populated by multiple private bathroom units, fifty percent of which will be wheelchair-accessible
- private study rooms
- common social areas
- Microfridge and safe rentals available here.
- gender-inclusive housing
- 24/7 front desk services
Other hall amenities include the following: