Denny Crum Hall
Area Coordinator: Priscilla Calvo Castillo
Serving our diverse student body
We are excited to share that Denny Crum Hall opened its doors in Fall 2022. The 128-bed facility houses a mixture of student-athletes and non-student-athletes, including those admitted to one of our new living-learning and themed communities. It is located directly opposite the Planet Fitness Kueber Center along South Floyd Street.
Expanding our residential community
Overall, the new hall enables us to enhance the quality of support and services which we offer to our diverse student population. A large part of that project will involve showcasing the support and sense of community created by our live-in staff. The new hall hosts three resident assistants (RAs) and a full-time professional hall director. It also hosts our Sport Professions LLC for second-year students.
The Sport Professions LLC provides students across all majors with a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in the sport industry. Members have an “inside” look into the UofL Athletic Department with access to senior leaders and sport performance, creative services, compliance, student development professionals and more! Additionally, members have the opportunity to meet and network with other sport organizations in Louisville and nationally, including Racing Louisville/LouCity, Louisville Bats, Louisville Sports Commission, and Excel Sport Management. Students also gain access to our extensive alumni network of sport professionals around the US. There are also opportunities for numerous volunteer experiences, social events, and career development activities including resume review and mock interviews. If you have an interest in working in the sport industry – this is where you need to be!
The state-of-the-art facility will benefit our university's ongoing recruitment and retention efforts and serve as yet another step in our progressive campus development.
Features and Amenities
- Primarily 2X2 units, limited 1X1 units
- Queen(60” x 80”) beds in all rooms
- Fully furnished kitchen in each unit. This includes an oven, full-size refrigerator, and dishwasher
- Washer/dryer in each unit
- Living room and kitchen island with stools in each unit
- Free WiFi
- Secure access to each apartment unit
- High ceilings in each unit, and ceiling fans in each bedroom
- Several common areas throughout the building. These include a study area, media lounge, focus study room, entertainment/gaming area, first-floor kitchenette and dining area, and lounges.
- Outdoor patio with firepits, cornhole, and pickleball court
- Screened-in outdoor lounge area attached to the hall
- Biometric access to the building as well as 24/7 security and cameras at points of entry
- Outdoor deck on fifth floor
- Second-floor balcony overlooking Floyd St.