Belknap Village South
The second of two new residence halls on Belknap Campus, Belknap Village South opened its doors to first-year students in Fall 2022. Directly opposite Belknap Village North, Belknap Village South mirrors the first new hall in structure and design.
Hall Director: Gracie Jones
Located in the Heart of Campus
As visitors enter campus from University Boulevard near the Ralph Wright Natatorium and proceed past the Houchen's Building, they will approach Belknap Village South. Prospective students and their families will be able to view the new facility as they arrive on campus for tours with the Office of Admissions. As with residents of Belknap Village North, those who choose to stay in Belknap Village South will find themselves immersed in the heart of campus. Located directly adjacent to the Student Activities Center (SAC) and just a minute's walk from the Red Barn, Belknap Village South places first-year students in proximity to restaurants, cafes such as Starbucks, a campus movie theater, the university bookstore, and several classes as well as offices.
Designed by Students for Students
Divided by wing, each floor of this 452-bed residence hall features the following:
- traditional-style double-occupancy rooms with modern flooring
- traditional-style single-occupancy rooms with modern flooring
- Beds are not loftable; however, each bed contains one storage units underneath which may be removed to another location in the room.
- a laundry facility
- a bathroom hallway populated by multiple private bathroom units, fifty percent of which will be wheelchair-accessible
- private study rooms
- common social areas
- Microfridge and safe rentals available here.
- gender-inclusive housing
- 24/7 front desk services
Other hall amenities include the following: