Entrance Exam Instructions
The entrance exam has been changed to an online exam that you can take from home or in any undisturbed office environment using a webcam. Go to https://examity.com/accuplacer-students/ for testing/technology requirements. The total cost of this exam is $45 ($20 for the initial registration fee + $25 at the time you schedule your online exam proctoring appointment).
The online exam is now offered to local candidates at the University of Louisville, Testing Services office. You will be required to schedule a date and time with our office online during the registration process. The cost of taking the exam locally is $35 and payable to the University of Louisville via debit/credit card only.
- Group: Select Southern Police Institute Exam.
- Exam: Select Southern Police Institute Virtual (test at home) or Local (test at U of L) option.
- Select Date and Time for testing at the University of Louisville ONLY.
- Enter name and email address for Virtual testing and also Local testing.
- Read acknowledgment and check the box to agree.
- Enter your demographic personal information and your Law Enforcement Agency information.
- Click ADD TO CART button to proceed to the payment screen and then READY TO CHECKOUT.
- VIRTUAL CANDIDATES: After you complete and pay for this registration, you will receive a Voucher by email from Accuplacer with further instructions within 2 business days. (Check spam/junk folder and if still not received, call UofL Testing Services at 502-852-6606.)
- Upon receiving the Accuplacer Voucher, follow the instructions to contact Examity (the virtual proctoring service used by Accuplacer) to set up an appointment time and pay the $25 proctoring fee by credit card.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES: After you complete and pay for this registration, you will receive a confirmation email from Accuplacer with further instructions immediately. (Check spam/junk folder and if still not received, call UofL Testing Services at 502-852-6606.)
- Arrive at the University of Louisville, Testing Services, Davidson Hall Room 310 at your scheduled date and time. Please visit www.louisville.edu/testing for directions and parking information.
- Exam fees will not be refunded, even if the exam is not taken.