Campus Housing has several options that offer a wide variety of living spaces and price points for upper class students. (returning residents, transfer students, and families) Availability includes suites within our Living Learning Communities, a limited number of apartments in Bettie Johnson Hall and University Tower Apartments, and a new apartment-style facility called University Pointe. Upper class students also have the choice to live in one of our affiliated properties near campus or in an unaffiliated off-campus apartment.
- Space for returning students with 9-month leases is limited and will be located in our apartment-style residence halls or our Living Learning and Theme Communities.
- Review the eligibility and enrollment processes for the Living Learning and Theme Communities and remember that you will need to apply to live in these communities.
- The application to live on campus next year will open in late January.
University Pointe is a new, on-campus student apartment community, being built through a partnership between U of L and American Campus Communities.
You can’t beat University Pointe’s location! You can roll out of bed and walk to class with the great location on Fourth Street across from the student recreation center and near Greek Row.
The community will feature private bedrooms, fully furnished 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom apartments with designer interior finishes including hardwood-style flooring, quartz stone countertops, USB outlets and fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances. The community also offers amenities designed to boost academic and personal success, such as a 24-hour Academic Success Center featuring iMacs and free printing, a swimming pool and hot tub and a 24-hour fitness center. Review campus dining services.
To take a tour of a model apartment, visit the leasing center located between Kurz Hall and Bettie Johnson Hall.
- At this time, UofL has affiliation agreements with the following properties:
- Bellamy: 502-634-5996
- Cardinal Towne: 502-475-5000
- Clubhouse: 502-631-9181
- Province: 502-636-1688
- The Arch: 502-636-0656
- The Nine 502-632-3699
These apartment-style communities are designed to meet the needs of our students’ sophomore year and beyond. Affiliate Managers work collaboratively with University staff to provide services that support student success. The Affiliate Managers are trained on university resources that promote student success and academic achievement. In order to be an Affiliate Property, a complex must meet certain University criteria related to the quality of the facility and the services provided, including safety and security.
Located Downtown near the Medical-Dental Campus
- Medical-Dental Apartments: 502-852-6636
- The Quad: 502-515-2489 (option 3)
- Enjoy living just steps from University of Louisville's Health Sciences Campus at The Quad. Featuring a modern building with brand new apartments just north of the downtown Medical District. Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units with a full kitchen and private baths, plus a common gathering/study room featuring a TV, deck and laundry facilities. Secured entrances and parking below building. Units feature large windows, central air, and all new appliances. This building is nestled in a rapidly growing neighborhood within walking distance to the HSC campus, downtown Louisville and the NuLu area. A smoke-free building also close to green space and interstates. Due to its proximity to the medical district and affiliation with the University of Louisville this building is only available to medical or dental students or persons in the medical profession.
- Designed ideally as independent living for 2nd year and higher students.
- Landlord/Tenant Lease.
- Managed by private companies.
- Short walk from apartment to campus.
- Amenities such as pools, exercise rooms, movie rooms, and club houses.
- Full apartments with private bedrooms, baths and kitchens.
Resources for Independent Living:
- The lease signed is for 12 months and each student will be held to the lease.
- Public landlord/tenant laws are in place and utilized by the community.
- Rules within the apartment are primarily concerned with safety and care of the community; social rules are primarily up to the residents.
- Roommate conflicts are left to the residents to work out, not the community staff.
- As a renting tenant, you have the expectation to be provided a safe and secure environment. We recommend you read more on our Tenant Rights and Responsibilities page.
- Sublets are free for UofL students to post at offcampushousing.louisville.edu. You will need to create an account to view or post a sublet.
Not Affiliated Off Campus
We recognize that our on campus and affiliated housing options may not be the best fit for all students. While first year students do have a live on policy, all other students may choose to live within the campus community or outside of it. If we are unable to meet your specific needs, you can visit our off-campus site to view other apartments*.
*The Off Campus Housing site will also contain information on affiliated communities. Look for the UofL Affiliated logo to identify those properties.