J. Allen Lamb & Edward S. Pocock III Foundation/ Southern Police Institute Scholarship - AOC New England Scholarship
Four scholarships will be awarded to residents of New England attending the Administrative Officers Course (two in the Fall and two in the Spring semester) meeting the criteria established below. Applications should be sent to the attention of:
Southern Police Institute
Department of Justice Administration
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
The following criteria shall be established and strictly adhered to:
- The scholarship will be applied towards the recipient’s costs of attending the Administrative Officers Course (AOC). These costs will include tuition, housing (on campus), parking fee, and application fee.
- The applicant/recipient must be a full-time sworn law enforcement officer employed by a state, county, or municipal law enforcement agency in one of the following states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont.
- The applicant/recipient must be a first-line supervisor or above within his/her organizational structure (an individual holding command, supervisory, or administrative positions in his/her agency).
- The application must be from the applicant and endorsed under separate cover, on departmental letterhead, by the chief administrator of the applicant’s organization demonstrating fiscal need for the scholarship funds and/or the benefit of the training program for the agency and applicant.
- The applicant must submit a current photograph in JPEG format and agree to have the photo and scholarship award announcement published by SPI.