Command Officers Development Course (CODC)
400 Hour Training Course / 40 CEU’s - TUITION: $3395.00
The CODC is SPI's 400-hour flagship educational program for law enforcement mid to upper-level managers which provides a solid foundation for practical law enforcement administration and a comprehensive overview of management practices. This training is offered in five (5) two-week sessions over a period of five months. The challenging course complements SPI's AOC, and is traditionally held off campus at host agency sites.
The CODC has continuously evolved with changing social, economic, and political environments associated with local, state and federal units of government. Students fully participate in the course which is interactively facilitated by a large cadre of instructional staff. Students prepare and present staff studies and receive feedback from instructors and peers.
Participants successfully completing this course of study will be able to:
• Assist in developing the strategic direction of an organization, including the mission, values and goals
• Enhance internal communications within an organization
• Develop alternative solutions to specific problems
• Prepare a formal staff study
• Plan, implement, and evaluate focused policing strategies
• Develop rules, regulations, policies and procedures to meet needs, comply with law, and meet CALEA standards
• Demonstrate an understanding of the primary federal requirements associated with personnel issues (including recruitment, selection,promotion, retention, discipline, termination, family leave, sick time, overtime, and compensation)
• Define, evaluate and develop risk management strategies
• Determine an organization’s effectiveness and the efficiency of police operations
• Identify cost centers and assign unit costs to enhance organization productivity
• Demonstrate an understanding of internal affairs and the need to establish high ethical standards for police personnel