Purchase of Office Supplies
Office Supplies are to be purchased through the University's contracted vendor, OfficeMax.
For purposes of defining "Office Supply" (or "Office Supplies") as it relates to procurement, please refer to Office Supply Definition.
Click here UofL Browse Catalog Userguide for instructions to browse the OfficeMax catalog.
An OfficeMax Welcome Guide is available. This guide contains useful information on how to process orders, returns, etc. OfficeMax readily accepts the University's procurement card as the preferred method of payment, although they will bill through your department purchase order.
- OfficeMax internet ordering. All online ordering must be done at the OfficeMaxWorkPlace.com website. To sign up for a password and user i.d., complete the OfficeMax Ordering User I.D. Registration form. You will receive a confirmation and instructions to proceed with your ordering. Step by step instructions for internet ordering are available on the OfficeMax Training Guide.
- Regular Purchase Orders in PeopleSoft may be placed and will be electronically sent to OfficeMax.
- Phone Orders - you may place phone orders using a credit card by calling 1-877-969-6629 (Mon-Fri, 6AM - 9PM, Central) - (Sat, 8AM - 2PM, Central).
- After-hour, critical departmental purchases (peferably with the University Credit Card) may be made at OfficeMax retail stores by using the attached digital Retail Connect Card. UofL contract pricing will be displayed upon checkout by scanning the barcode on the retail connect card. Use of this feature will be monitored on a regular basis by the Department of Purchasing.
- OfficeMax will allow a Retail Connect Card to be used for personal purchases using one's own personal credit card at time of purchase. You must use the "For Personal Use Only" retail connect card for such purchases.
Items that are being sold in the Stockroom will be blocked from ordering from OfficeMax. A listing of the items can be obtained from the Current Stockroom Catalog. This includes all photocopy paper.
KRS 45A.520 requires a minimum recycled content on selected paper related products. Therefore, there are products that will be blocked from ordering unless they meet the recycled criteria. A prompt will appear on the specific items affected instructing the ordering department to select a recycled content item.
All toner and ink cartridges ordered will be filled with a recycled/remanufactured replacement in accordance with the University commitment to sustainability.
Core items have been selected at a significant savings to the University.
A 5% University of Louisville administrative fee will be added to each order and will appear on order acknowledgements.