procedure moving expenses modified Wed May 06 2020 12:51:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
University of Louisville
PUR - 38.00
This procedure applies to University Administrators, Faculty, and Staff.
To view the policy for moving expenses, please visit the Human Resources Department.
- Once an individual has accepted an offer for employment which includes moving expenses being paid by the University, as stated in the letter of offer or agreement, the established moving and storage contracted company must be used and the department should complete a Moving Form (Employee Move) listing the total amount allotted and speedtype that will be charged for the expenses. If a department has a lab or office move, they should complete a Moving Form (Office/Lab Form).
- The completed form is sent to Procurement Services and then forwarded to the contracted moving and storage company, who will contact the individual moving to coordinate the move and arrange for an estimate to be done for the move.
- Upon receipt of the estimate, Procurement Services notifies the department of the estimated dollar amount for the move. This is an estimate only, which will change according to the actual weight and any additional services requested by the individual moving. This allows the department and the individual moving to be prepared for any amount over the limit established by the department, which the individual will need to pay to the moving company upon delivery.
- Any changes that a department would like to make regarding the dollar amount and speedtype to be used to pay for a move must be provided in writing to Procurement Services so that they can notify the moving and storage company.
- Once the final invoice for a move is received the department speedtype is charged.
- The final invoice charge is also sent to Payroll for applying the appropriate taxation amount to the employee.
Self Move: cost associated with move to include: truck rental, packing materials, fuel, lodging. Not to include labor at any point.
Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
Sally Molsberger – Director, Procurement Services
Service Complex, University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Original Date: Unknown
Revision Date(s): 7/02/2018; 5/07/2018
Reviewed Date(s): 5/01/2018
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.