procedure campus sponsorship modified Fri May 01 2020 12:24:03 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
University of Louisville
This procedure applies to University Administrators, Faculty, and Staff.
- All current or future sponsorship marketing agreements, inclusive of extensions and renewals of grandfathered agreements, must be communicated to, reviewed by and approved by the Office of Communications and Marketing.
- OCM is the only department with authorized signatory authority on all sponsorship agreements or marketing contracts. Individual units or departments should not contract directly with a sponsor on behalf of the University.
- Any agreement that provides marketing access to university audience’s en masse (e.g. all students, all faculty, all staff, all alumni, all visitors) are only managed and executed by OCM in partnership with the Department of Purchasing.
- If a unit identifies a prospective sponsor for a specific activity or asset, they must contact OCM to gain approval and ultimately execution of the final agreement.
- OCM will be present on any department-specific Request for Proposal where sponsorship or marketing value could be a portion of agreement with the potential vendor, as determined by OCM and the Department of Purchasing.
- Anyone responsible for compliance of any type is responsible for notifying the Office of Communications & Marketing of any prohibitions relative to sponsorship.
Campus Sponsorship activities will be monitored by OCM in cooperation with the Office of Purchasing. There will be an annual review by the Sponsorship Advisory Committee.
Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
Sally Molsberger – Director, Procurement Services
Service Complex, University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Original Date: Unknown
Reviewed Date(s): 2/14/2020
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.