procedure campus sponsorship modified Mon Nov 20 2023 14:57:33 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
University of Louisville
This procedure applies to University Administrators, Faculty, and Staff.
- All current or future sponsorship marketing agreements, inclusive of extensions and renewals of grandfathered agreements, must be communicated to, reviewed by and approved by the Office of Communications and Marketing.
- OCM is the only department with authorized signatory authority on all sponsorship agreements or marketing contracts. Individual units or departments should not contract directly with a sponsor on behalf of the University.
- Any agreement that provides marketing access to university audience’s en masse (e.g. all students, all faculty, all staff, all alumni, all visitors) are only managed and executed by OCM in partnership with the Department of Procurement Services.
- If a unit identifies a prospective sponsor for a specific activity or asset, they must contact OCM to gain approval and ultimately execution of the final agreement.
- OCM will be present on any department-specific Request for Proposal where sponsorship or marketing value could be a portion of agreement with the potential vendor, as determined by OCM and the Department of Procurement Services.
- Anyone responsible for compliance of any type is responsible for notifying the Office of Communications & Marketing of any prohibitions relative to sponsorship.
Campus Sponsorship activities will be monitored by OCM in cooperation with the Office of Procurement Services. There will be an annual review by the Sponsorship Advisory Committee.
Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
Sally Molsberger – Chief Procurement Officer
Service Complex, University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Original Date: Unknown
Revision Date(s): November 20, 2023
Reviewed Date(s): February 14, 2020; November 20, 2023
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.