policy Vehicle Purchase modified Wed Mar 04 2020 09:39:58 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
University of Louisville
PUR - 18.00
This policy applies to University Administrators, Faculty, and Staff.
The purchase of either a new or replacement vehicle shall have approval from the Vice President for Finance/CFO before the purchases of any such vehicle may proceed.
All vehicles (new and used) purchased by the university must be flex fuel compatible to meet Department of Energy requirements. Exceptions include: emergency response vehicles, vehicles over 8500 GTW, and grounds equipment.
All vehicle titles must list the University of Louisville as the owner. All purchases made in foreign countries will require contacting their titling agency to assure the vehicle can be titled to the university.
REASON FOR POLICY
All purchases of vehicles shall be in compliance with KRS 45A.
- Identification by Department for the need/request for a new Motor Vehicle (car/truck/van).
- Submission of Request to Purchase Motor Vehicle form to Procurement Services
- Request form reviewed for completeness by Procurement Services and forwarded to the Vice President for Finance/CFO for review and approval.
- Vice President for Finance/CFO, approves or rejects and forwards back to Procurement Services to begin procurement process.
- Purchase made in compliance with KRS 45A via Bid or Contract.
- Copy of PO sent to Inventory Control and notification to dealer/vendor to make delivery to Inventory Control for Registration, Licensing, and UofL Identification.
Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
Lisa Ennis, Director - Procurement Services
Service Complex, University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Original Date: Unknown
Revision Date(s): 8/23/18; 2/6/20
Reviewed Date(s): 8/23/18; 2/6/20
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.