Graduate Student Travel Instructions
The first two steps need to be completed before any amount of money for travel reimbursement is secure. Until these steps are completed graduate students are not guaranteed any amount for travel expenses as the travel monies available are dependent upon money available from the Bonnie Fund for the fiscal year.
- If you plan to apply for travel funds of the upcoming fiscal year (July 1 – June 30) you must upload letter with your Program Progress Form, indicating which conferences you plan to attend and which, if any, you plan to submit papers for. Please be as detailed as possible in your request, as each request will be carefully reviewed for approval. Include a website in your description if available. Preference for funding will go to students whose presentation is listed individually in the conference program.
- Fill out a Pre-Authorization Travel form at least one month prior to your trip. If presenting, include acceptance email/letter.
- GSC funds through the Travel Funding portal in the GSC website. It includes more information about the application process and an area to apply online for travel funds. You need to do this at least 2 weeks before you travel. This is a separate application from the department funds application.
- When traveling, be sure to keep all receipts, and get a receipt that shows proof of payment from the hotel showing your name as the guest. You do not need to keep receipts for meals, as we will use the Per Diem rate. The controller’s office will not reimburse for any charges that do not show a card number on which the charge was placed.
When you return from travel:
- Include the portion of the program detailing your presentation
- Turn in all of these documents, as well as all receipts for travel, to Annelise Gray in HM 315 within a week of return from the trip.
Allow 2-6 weeks to be reimbursed for travel once all documents are sent in. Please be patient.
GSC After Travel
To receive GSC travel money send the following to the Administrative Assistant in a single PDF.
- GSC funding email which includes the amount you are to be awarded.
- GSC Reimbursement Form
- Proof of Presentation (Conference page with your name or email of acceptance)
- Abstract of your presentation.