• MA students can take up to three courses at the 500 level. Such students will have additional course requirements, such as a longer final project or the opportunity to guest teach a class meeting. Please consult with your instructor about these additional requirements.
• PhD students can take seminars at the 600 level only.
• For the full program requirements, see the Graduate Program Guidelines.
You will find detailed information about our graduate seminars in the links below. For courses at the undergraduate level, go to Undergraduate Course Descriptions.
Our faculty offer a range of seminars in rhetoric and composition, literary studies, creative writing, and (writing center) pedagogy. Recent course offerings include:
- Rhetoric of Health and Medicine
- Animal Studies
- Transmedia Storytelling
- African American Literature and Social Conflict
- Writing Program Administration
- Queer Victorians
- Digital Media and Composition
- Anatomy of Comics
- Community Literacy
- Native American and Indigenous Studies
- The Rhetoric of Public Memory
- Fictions of American Childhood
Click on the links below for descriptions of recently taught graduate seminars: