Establish Your Refund Method
In accordance with U.S. Department of Education regulations on federal financial aid, the Bursar’s Office treats each academic year individually. This means that financial aid received for an academic year must be used to credit only that year, with any excess sent out as a refund. It is important to note that if your account has a balance from prior term charges; it is your responsibility to cover this balance with your refund or another funding source prior to registering for the following term. In addition, if you drop classes from your schedule or withdraw from the university, you may have to repay some or all of your refund.
Effective March 1, 2019, the University of Louisville joined a partnership with Nelnet Financial Solutions to provide an easy and convenient method for all students to receive any refunds they may be eligible for. The choice is yours on how you choose to receive your refund!
HOW IT WORKS: SIMPLY
SELECT YOUR OPTION NOW
Student refunds at the University are managed in partnership with Nelnet: Business Solutions. We offer an easy way to get your refund each semester if money is due back to you. You choose how we send you your money:
- DIRECT DEPOSIT (3-5 business days)
- Reloadable Debit Card (3-5 business days)
SIGN UP VIA ULink**
You will need to create an account with Nelnet and then enroll in a refund method so that you will be prepared to receive any future refunds.
- Log in to the Student Portal via ULink
- Click on the Financial Account Tile
- In Financial Account Tile click Nelnet icon labeled “Student Refunding.” This will direct you to the Nelnet site.
- On your first visit, follow the prompts to Create an Account with Nelnet.
- After creating an account, select “Manage Refunds” to Enroll in a Refund Method.
- Fill in the necessary information. Your refund will then be sent using the option you selected.