Scholarship Appeal, Cardinal Covenant Appeal, and Reinstatement Form Now Available
Students who do not maintain the scholarship requirements have an opportunity to appeal.
Students who do not maintain the Cardinal Covenant requirements have an opportunity to appeal.
Students who have previously lost a scholarship due to not meeting eligibility requirements may qualify for scholarship reinstatement. Students who regain eligibility by the end of the spring term can fill out a reinstatement form.
All forms must be submitted to the Student Financial Aid Office by June 1st. Please keep in mind, June 1st, 2013 is a Saturday so please plan ahead to ensure your information is our office by the end of office hours the day prior.
IRS Data Retrieval Tool NOW AVAILABLE!
If you've already filed your 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), but did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, please log in to FAFSA.gov and select "Make FAFSA Corrections" so that we may have the most accurate information on file for you (and your parents, if applicable). The IRS Data Retrieval Tool automatically imports official IRS tax information on your 2013-2014 FAFSA.
The IRS data will be available within 1-2 weeks of filing your taxes electronically or within 6-8 weeks if you filed a paper return.
Be sure to check out this instructional video which will walk you through how to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool http://www.finaid.ucsb.edu/media/videos/1314/english/IRSDRT2013.html
Seven Easy Steps to the FAFSA
Having trouble understanding the FAFSA and feeling overwhelmed by the application process? Be sure to check out these instructional videos that walk you through the seven easy steps to the FAFSA: http://www.finaid.ucsb.edu/fafsasimplification/
The videos can also be viewed on YouTube.
- April 22nd: Last day of spring classes
- April 22nd: First round of summer awarding begins
- May 2nd: Last day of spring Federal Work Study
- May 6th: First day of summer Federal Work Study
- May 6th: Evaluation of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- May 13th: Term I, Speed, Kent, & Nursing classes begin
- May 13th: Bills due for summer
- May 14th: Last Day to add/drop with 100% tuition credit for Term I
- May 15th: First disbursement for Term I
- May 16th: Last Day to add/drop with 100% tuition credit for Law, Speed, Kent, & Nursing (13 wk.)
- May 17th: First disbursement for Law, Speed, Kent, & Nursing (13 wk.)
- May 27th: Memorial Day – Office Closed
- June 4th: Ten Week & Term II begins
- June 7th: First disbursement for Term II
- June 6th: Last Day to add/drop with 100% tuition credit for Term II
- June 10th: First disbursement for Ten Week Term
- July 4th: Independence Day – Office Closed
- July 10th: Term III begins
- July 12th: Last Day to add/drop with 100% tuition credit for Term III
- July 15th: First disbursement for Term III