Department Recruitment & Hiring Guidelines
New Job Opening Post
- Must be initiated no later than 5pm on Wednesday or 5pm on Friday (Job openings submitted on Wednesday will post to our website on Friday. Job openings submitted on Friday will post to our website on Tuesday)
- Staff and Faculty positions must be posted a minimum of 10 days beginning on Friday or Tuesday.
- Part-time Lecturer and Temporary positions must be posted a minimum of 3 business days concurrent with the Courier Journal advertisement (Friday-Tuesday).
Existing Job Openings- Repost
- Notify your Employment Coordinator no later than 5pm on Wednesday or 5pm on Friday.
- Reposted job openings submitted on Wednesday will post on our website on Friday. Reposted job openings submitted on Friday will post on our website on Tuesday.
Criminal Background Checks (CBC)
- Will be submitted twice daily by 12n and 4pm, M-F.
New Hire Start Date
- New hire start dates should be confirmed no later than 5pm Wednesday in order to attend the upcoming Monday New Employee Orientation. In exceptional cases HR Employment Executives may approve a hire date no less than 1 full business day after the successful completion of the CBC. Please work directly with your Employment Coordinator to request an exception.
- After the candidate has given consent for the CBC, please know it can take up to five days to receive CBC results. Please keep this in mind when entering candidate's contingent start date into Workday.