Alternate ways to receive credit for English 101 or 102

Before continuing, please take a look at the Outcomes statements for English 101 and English 102. These courses have a unique focus on writing for a range of audiences and rhetorical purposes and many writing classes taken at other institutions do not meet the intended outcomes for University of Louisville's English 101 and 102 first-year writing courses.

There are three ways to receive an exemption from taking English 101 or 102. Follow the links to learn more about each option.

1. Transfer in a writing course(s) taken at another university.

2. Turn in a portfolio of writing composed prior to matriculating to UofL

3. Take the Advanced Placement Exam.