Anthem BlueCross BlueShield is the university's health plan administrator. We understand choosing a health plan is an important decision. To help make an informed choice, take time to review the Plan Summary for each of the plan offerings. Each health plan utilizes the Anthem Blue Access PPO Network.
Anthem Contact Information
Customer Service: 855-747-1137 Website: www.anthem.com Group ID#: 004007725
Fax Claims: 877-876-4992 24/7 Nurse Line: 888-279-5378
Anthem Insurance Plans
Rates and Comparison Chart
Who is eligible for health insurance coverage
Regular status employees who are employed 80% or greater full-time equivalency (FTE).
- Regular status part-time employees and temporary part-time lecturers (40% to 79% FTE)
- Spouses of covered UofL employees
- Qualifying adult
- Child(ren) ( natural children, step children, foster children, legally adopted children, and children placed for adoption) to the end of the calendar year in which they turn 26 even if they are married; not living with parents; attending school; not financially dependent on their parents; or eligible to enroll in their employer’s health plan.
- Child(ren) of the employee or the employee’s spouse of any age when such children are incapable of self-support because of a total and permanent disability; and
- Child(ren) age 26 and under for whom the employee is required to provide health care coverage under a qualified medical child support order (QMCSO), regardless of where the child resides or if the child is dependent upon the employee for support.
- Surviving spouses under age 65 of UofL employees or retirees.
- COBRA participants
- Qualifying Event
Two Employee Family Rate
To be eligible for the Two Employee Family rate, your employment status must be 80% or greater full-time equivalency (FTE), spouse is a current UofL employee, and you are covering child(ren) on your health plan.