Welcome New Employees
Congratulations on your new role, and welcome to the Cardinal family! As part of your onboarding at the university, you will go through a comprehensive orientation process in two steps; attending New Employee Orientation on your first day of employment and completing new employee online training within your first 30 days. Please refer to our New Employee Checklist along the way to assist you as you navigate your first few months.
* Please note that due to COVID-19 our onboarding process has changed. Refer to your new hire emails and follow the instructions provided.
New Hire On-Campus Guidelines During COVID-19:
For on-campus appointments with Human Resources during this time, please make sure to adhere to the following guidelines in order to maintain proper social distancing:
- Follow the instructions provided prior to your appointment for completion of online forms and documents required for your visit.
- Arrive at your scheduled time and call the phone number provided when your appointment was scheduled. Someone will meet you at the door to let you in. If you do not have a phone number please call our main line at 502-852-6258 for assistance.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entry into the building.
- Wear a mask and remain six feet apart from others.
Please note: At this time the main entrance is not accessible. Please use the side entrance with signage for “Get Health Now”.
As your first step, you will attend New Employee Orientation (NEO). During this in person half-day session, new employees will be able to learn more about benefits offered, obtain identification cards and parking permits. Your hiring department will schedule your orientation date with Human Resources to coincide with your first day.
For new faculty beginning July 1 or August 1, please visit our New Faculty Orientation information site.
As a supplement to our in person New Employee Orientation, your second step of onboarding will be to complete the online training and review additional materials within 30 days of your hire date. You can start this at any time. Click here to begin.