The following information is for those interested in applying to the PhD program in Experimental Psychology, with training in:
- Vision and Hearing
Please note that our department does not offer a terminal Master’s degree in Psychology.
The program accepts new students in the Fall Semester only. Our application deadline is December 1st.
How to Apply
Please visit our Application Instructions page before applying. This page includes important information on the application process, as well as required materials that MUST be submitted for your application to be considered complete.
Holistic Review of Applicants
We take a holistic approach in reviewing prospective student applications and consider all aspects of a student's application in determining admissions.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us! We encourage students from underrepresented minority groups to apply to our program.
Successful applicants are able to demonstrate many (not necessarily all) of the following skills, experiences, and characteristics in their application materials:
- A match between the applicant's and faculty mentor's research interests
- Research experience (typically 2+ semesters in psychological research)
- Quantitative/data analysis skills (or capacity to learn)
- Written communication skills and capacity for scholarly writing
- Unique or diverse perspective
- Resilience and ability to overcome adversity
- Collaborative/works well with others
- Critical thinking and scientific inquiry
- Creative thinking
All applicants will be considered without discrimination on the basis of differences in age, ethnic or racial background, gender, physical abilities, sexual orientation or preference, or social background.