Thank you for your interest in the Experimental Psychology Ph.D. program at the University of Louisville. Please note that we do not offer a terminal Master’s degree in Experimental Psychology.
Admission Requirements & Selection Averages
We take a holistic approach in reviewing prospective student applications. We consider all aspects of a student's application in determining admissions.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us! We encourage students from underrepresented minority groups to apply to our program.
Applicants who are admitted to our program typically possess the following qualifications, but they are not required:
- Undergraduate GPAs of 3.0 or higher
- GRE Verbal and Quantitative scores in the 50th percentile or higher
- Research experience
- Strong letters of recommendation that speak to the applicant’s scholarly ability and potential to succeed in a doctoral program
- A match between the applicant's and faculty mentor's research interests
- A psychology or neuroscience major
All applicants will be considered without discrimination on the basis of differences in age, ethnic or racial background, gender, physical abilities, sexual orientation or preference, or social background.
The program accepts new students in the Fall semester only. Our application deadline is December 1st.
How to Apply
Please visit our Application Instructions page before applying. This page includes important information on the application process, as well as required materials that MUST be submitted for your application to be considered complete.