Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I check to see if all of my application materials have been received / if my application is complete?
You may check your application submission status via the Graduate School's online application system HERE. Any questions regarding materials submitted to the Graduate School should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As for the supplemental materials that you submitted to our department- if you sent them, they have been received and added to your application file. If we are missing any part of your application, we will contact you directly.
2. I entered contact information in the Graduate School online application for those writing me letters of recommendation. Why have they not been contacted yet?
Recommenders will not receive a request to submit their letters until your application fee has been paid in full.
3. Where should my transcripts be sent?
You should submit official copies of all transcripts to Graduate Admissions (Houchens Building Room 105, University of Louisville, Louisville KY 40292). DO NOT send any transcripts to the Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences. Any transcripts sent to the department will be considered unofficial. Electronic transcripts are permitted, but they must be sent directly from the institution to our Graduate Admissions office.
4. When will applicants be contacted with admissions decisions?
Typically, students will receive offers of admission before April 1. Assistantships and fellowships are also normally offered before April 1. Applicants are under no obligation to respond to offers of admission or financial support prior to the decision date of April 15. Additional admissions and financial offers may be made after the April 15th decision date if one or more slots opens up.
5. Can I make an appointment with a staff member to ask questions about the program and/or application process?
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate appointments. If you have questions concerning the program and/or the application process, please visit our Program Admissions, Application Instructions, and FAQs pages. If you have any additional questions that are not addressed there, you may email them to email@example.com . If you are interested in a certain faculty member’s current research, you may contact them individually.
6. What is the latest that I may take my GRE in order for the scores to be received by UofL Graduate Admissions on time?
You are responsible for ensuring that your test scores have been received by our December 1st deadline. More information can be found on the ETS website’s Sending Your Scores page. **GRE requirements for the 2020 admissions cycle will be different due to COVID-19**
7. Where should I have my GRE scores sent?
The University of Louisville’s institution code is 1838.
8. Is the psychology subtest of the GRE required?
No GRE subtests are required. We require only the verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing test scores.
9. Will my application still be considered if one of my test scores or GPA does not meet the minimum qualifications listed under Admissions Requirements on the Program Admissions page?
All complete applications that are submitted will be reviewed by faculty. We take a holistic approach in reviewing prospective student applications and consider all aspects of a student's application in determining admissions.