Apply to the major
How to apply for the major/minor in Psychology
Before you can apply to be a major or minor in Psychology, you must:
- Complete Psyc 201 (Introduction to Psychology) with a grade of C or higher
- Complete Math 111 (College Algebra)
- Complete Psyc 301 (Statistics for Psychology) with a grade of C or higher
- Have an overall cumulative GPA minimum of 2.0 and a Psychology GPA minimum of 2.0. No classes with grades below C minus can count toward the Psychology requirements for the major
- Have completed at least 30 hours of degree-applicable credit
- Submit your request online to the College of Arts and Sciences
- After a few weeks, notification regarding your status will be sent to you through your university email account. This application is accepted or rejected by the College of Arts and Sciences, not by the department.
- PLEASE NOTE: You MUST have and USE a University email account in order to send and receive official University information. Your acceptance will be sent to your UofL email account.