COVID-19/Return to Campus HR Information
Remote Work Policy
Preview of the Remote Work Policy document. Please note: the formal version of this policy will not be available in the university’s Policy and Procedures Library until July 1, 2021. The policy will go into effect July 1, 2021.
Remote Work Agreement Form
Preview and download the Remote Work Agreement and submit to your supervisor.
Follow these steps to sign your Remote Work Agreement electronically.
Technology Guidelines for Remote Work
View the technology requirements for working remotely.
Return to Campus Plan Phase
- Phase 1: At the beginning of May, leaders, supervisors, and employees were informed of the university’s overall expectation for employees to begin returning to work on campus over the summer. During the month of May, HR provided a series of supervisor and employee trainings to review the Remote Work Policy and Remote Work Agreement.
- Phase 2: As of June 1, the Remote Work Policy has been released. During the month of June, vice presidents, deans and vice provosts will provide departmental guidance to employees regarding their available flexible work options. Employees may now complete the Remote Work Arrangement & Equipment Maintenance Agreement and submit to their supervisors for reviewal.
- Phase 3: Starting July 1, the Remote Work Policy goes into effect. Faculty and staff who have been primarily working remotely and have been identified as needing to return to the classroom or student service areas should begin shifting their schedules to primarily or fully work on campus based on direction provided by their supervisors.
- Phase 4: By August 2, front-facing and student service positions should be primarily or fully back on campus. Any remote work requests should be finalized and consistently followed by this time.
Return to Campus Guidance & Resources*
Weren't able to attend a remote work HRtalks session, but want to know about the policy? Watch a recording of our latest Remote Work HRtalks or download the slide deck. Further questions? Contact the HRBP team.
Visit Employee Success Center's webpage for resources on returning to campus and remote work!
Needing to talk to someone privately about your thoughts about returning to campus or working remotely? Contact the Human Development Company, our Employee Assistance Program partner.
- Coping with social anxiety
- Managing Employees with Kids
- Parental Support
- Workplace Safety
- Extending grace / flexibility
- Supervisor Support
- Making Employees Comfortable
- Support Health and Well-Being for a Successful Return to Work
- 14 Ways to Help Employees Feel Safe Returning to In-Person Work - Forbes
*These resources are to assist employees in returning to campus. The information contained in these resources are not created by the UofL HR department.
As employees begin transitioning back to campus, please note that there are several parking options. The 2020-21 parking permits will expire on August 22, 2021. The parking permit fee is prorated bi-weekly. Also, single-day permits are available for employees who only need to park on campus occasionally.
For more information, please visit the employees tab on Parking webpage or contact Gary Becker, 852-7221.
Vaccine Protocol: strongly encouraged, not required
At this time, we do not plan to require vaccinations for students or employees this summer or fall. We do strongly encourage all Cardinals to get vaccinated. If you have questions about the vaccine, visit the CDC’s website or review our Vaccine FAQs for answers to frequent questions such as “Will I need a booster dose?” We will continue to keep you regularly updated and remember; in addition to reviewing our FAQs, you can speak with a helpful member of our Business Operations COVID Support Team when you have questions or concerns.
How to Contact HR
COVID-19 HR Office Guidelines:
- Follow the instructions provided prior to your appointment for completion of online forms and documents required for your visit.
- Arrive at your scheduled time and call the phone number provided when your appointment was scheduled. Someone will meet you at the door to let you in. If you do not have a phone number please call our main line at 502-852-6258 for assistance.
- Wear a mask and remain six feet apart from others.