Personal Care Plan- High
Consumer driven health plan including a benefit allowance through a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) for you to use for covered health-care expenditures and to pay toward your deductible. The university contributes $500 for employee coverage, $1,000 for employee & spouse and $2,000 for employee and child(ren) or $2,000 for family coverage.
This is only a summary. If you want more details about your coverage benefits, you can get the completed terms in the policy or plan document at Anthem BlueCross BlueShield, or view the Plan Summary and Summary of Benefits and Coverage.
Things to consider in choosing the PCA High:
- Members are responsible for all costs up to the deductible amount before plan begins to pay for covered services you use.
- Out-of-pocket maximum and benefit limits calculated on a calendar year basis.
- Out-of-pocket limit is the most you pay. This limit helps you plan for health care expenses.
- Deductible and member coinsurance accumulate toward the out-of-pocket maximum.
- When utilizing an in-network provider, out-of-pocket expense is lower. Be aware, your in-network doctor or hospital may use and out-of-network provider for services.
- When utilizing an out-of-network provider, out-of-pocket expense is higher.
- Employees may roll up to one times the annual amount provided by UofL. Employees with balances prior to January 1, 2021, above the new limit, will have until December 31, 2023 to use their funds and reduce their balance to the new limit.
- PCA benefit allowances can be applied toward plan deductibles, pharmacy and/or coinsurance.
- PCA benefit allowance cannot be used toward dental and vision benefits.
- In addition to the Anthem BlueCross BlueShield ID card, you will receive an Optum card. The card comes preloaded with the allotted PCA benefit allowance and may be used first day of effective coverage for health care expenses only.
- Save money by visiting a UofL Primary Care Physician.