Men of PEACC
Men of PEACC is the male-engagement initiative through the University of Louisville PEACC Center. Men of PEACC mobilizes and educates college men on how to identify and effectively stand up to evidence of rape culture when they see and hear it. Through this program young men will learn helpful and compassionate ways to talk to survivors of power-based personal violence.
Location: Belknap Village North
Advisor: LaMont Johnson and Sara Choate
- Engage in discussions regarding the male-focused issues both on campus and the larger community, e.g., relationships, domestic violence, etc.
- Explore traditional and non-traditional masculine culture through programming, service, and respectful dialogue.
- Connect participants with campus partners that work towards creating safe, inclusive spaces for all students.
- Provide service to the university and community.
Who can apply?
- Any male-identified University of Louisville student is welcome to participate in this themed community.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to be successful in a team-oriented, all-male environment, e.g., experience playing organized sports, Boy Scouts, etc.
- Must be in good standing with the university.
- All students interested in being part of the AMTC community must complete an application and may be required to meet with the coordinator and AMTC adviser.
- Students will be expected to meet the financial obligations based on the schedule set up by the University of Louisville Bursar’s Office.