Careers focused on preparing individuals for employment in careers that relate to families and human needs such as counseling and mental health services, family and community services, personal care, and consumer services.
- Early Childhood Development & Services Pathway - People who nurture and teach children. They provide services in childcare centers, nursery schools, preschools, public schools, private households, family childcare homes, and before and/or after school programs.
- Counseling & Mental Health Services Pathway - People who assist people with personal, family, educational, mental health, and career decisions and problems. Mental health care may be provided in hospitals, clinics, schools or private settings.
- Family & Community Services Pathway - People who help the homeless, housebound, and infirm cope with circumstances of daily living; counsel troubled and emotionally disturbed individuals; train or retrain the unemployed or underemployed; care for the elderly and the physically and mentally disabled; help the needy obtain financial assistance; and solicit contributions for various social services organizations.
- Personal Care Services Pathway - People who assist individuals with their personal appearance, including shampooing, cutting, coloring and styling hair; giving manicures, pedicures, and scalp and facial treatments; providing makeup analysis; cleaning and styling wigs and hairpieces; and providing personal fitness training. Also, within personal care services, funeral directors and attendants make funeral arrangements for grieving families.
- Consumer Services Pathway - People who assist individuals with decisions and problems relating to finance, real estate, insurance, and consumer goods.