Using the charge provided by the University of Louisville Office of Diversity & International Affairs, the Career Development Center has gather resources from around the web to assist all students in their career and professional development.
African American Resources
- DiversityInc.com: Search job listings, post your resume online, and access articles on diversity and workplace issues.
- National Urban League Employment Network: The Urban League Employment Network is tailored-made for individuals to find jobs with respected companies committed to diversity recruitment.
Asian and Asian American Resources
- Asian Life: Job database websites.
- Asia Media Job Database: Career and networking database.
- Asian Professional Exchange: Non-profit, non-partisan community based organization with multifaceted goals and purposes that are charitable, cultural and educational in nature.
- Asian Women in Business: Non-profit, tax-exempt organization with the primary mission of assisting Asian women entrepreneurs and professionals.
National Association of Asian American Professionals: Non-profit organization that cultivates and empowers Asian & Pacific Islander leaders through professional development, community service, and networking.
- ADA: U.S. Department of Justice American with Disabilities Act (ADA) homepage.
- Job Accommodation Network: International toll-free consulting that provides information about job accommodations and the employment of people with disabilities.
- National Business and Disability Council: The National Business & Disability Council (NBDC) at The Viscardi Center is an employer organization and comprehensive resource for disability best practices.
Hispanic and Latin@ Resources
- IHispano: A career networking and job posting site for Hispanic students and professionals.
- Latinos in Higher Education: A professional organization with a national job listing database.
- Latpro: National website for Hispanic job seekers; focuses on employers committed to diversity within their workforce.
- Saludos: A magazine and job search database for bilingual Latina/Latino job seekers.
- Workplace Diversity: Job listings, career advice, and specific information for individual minority groups.
- Campus Pride: The primary objective of Campus Pride is to develop necessary resources, programs and services to support LGBTQ and ally students on college campuses across the United States. This resource is particularly useful when researching graduate schools.
- Center for Gender Sanity: Advice and assistance for all aspects of gender transition in the workplace.
- Federal Globe: LGBT organization that represents the interests of federal employees; this site provides legislative resources, press releases and fact sheets.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index: Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index is the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Municipal Equality Index: Examines how inclusive municipal laws, policies, and services are of LGBTQ people who live and work there. Cities are rated based on non-discrimination laws, the municipality as an employer, municipal services, law enforcement and the city leadership's public position on equality.
- Transgender Law and Policy Institute: Non-profit organization dedicated to engaging in effective advocacy for transgender people in our society.
- Out & Equal: Nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality.
- Out Professionals: Leading gay and lesbian professional networking site.
- Pride@Work: Nonprofit organization that represents LGBTQ union members and their allies.