Careers focused on planning, services for financial and investment planning, banking, insurance, and business financial management.
- Securities & Investments Pathway - People (i.e. brokerage firms, investment banks, stock exchanges, etc.) whosupport the flow of funds from investors to companies and institutions. Related services include financial planning, asset management, hedge fund management, and custody services.
- Business Finance Pathway - People whomanage policy and strategy for (and the implementation of) capital structure, budgeting, acquisition and investment, financial modeling and planning, funding, dividends, and taxation.
- Accounting Pathway - People who record, classify, summarize, analyze, and communicate a business's financial information/business transactions for use in management decision-making. Accounting includes such activities as bookkeeping, systems design, analysis, and interpretation of accounting information.
- Insurance Pathway - People whoprotect individuals and businesses from financial losses, delivers services that transfer risk from an individual or business to an insurance company.
- Banking Services Pathway - People who work with accepting deposits, lending funds, and extending credit, banking services include cash management, short-term investments, mortgages and other loans, credit cards, and bill payment. Banking services are delivered via several different institutions, from commercial banks (the largest group) and other traditional means (savings and loans associations, credit unions, and local banks) to newer ventures through insurance companies, brokerage houses, and the internet.