Business Management & Administration
Careers focused on careers in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations.
- General Management Pathway - People who plan, organize, direct, and evaluate all or part of a business organization through the allocation and use of financial, human, and material resources.
- Business Information Management Pathway - People whoprovide a bridge between business processes/initiatives and IT. Employees in this area help to align business and IT goals.
- Human Resources Management Pathway - People who focus on the staffing activities that involve planning, recruitment, selection, orientation, training, performance appraisal, compensation, and safety of employees.
- Operations Management Pathway - People who focus on planning, organizing, coordinating, and controlling the resources needed to produce/provide a business's goods and/or services. Examples of activities in Operations Management are quality control, scheduling, procurement, and warehousing.
- Administrative Support Pathway - People who facilitate business operations through a variety of administrative and clerical duties including information and communication management, data processing and collection, and project tracking.