All alumni have access to the following online and subscription resources, free of charge:
- Cardinal Careers- is a subscription resource that is free to UofL alumni. This contains all positions from employers posted for UofL students and alumni.
- Career Fairs - all campus-wide career fairs.
- Big Interview - a subscription web-based video mock interview program with free access to all alumni.
- CandidCareer.com - an online subscription of career-related videos free to all alumni.
- What Can I Do With This Major? - is a subscription resource that is free to all UofL alumni. This resource provides information on career areas, typical employers, and strategies to enter that career area, for over 90 majors.
- Online Content - specifically developed by the staff on topics such as developing resumes, cover letters, interviewing, etc.
- Links to External Resources - not affiliated with the UCC but provided as a courtesy to student and alumni including resources such as O*NET Online and Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Alumni Within 2 Years of Graduation
Graduates from our 9 colleges and schools are eligible to receive complimentary career coaching services through the UCC for the first 2 years after graduation. To make an appointment, please email the UCC at ULcareer@louisville.edu and provide your full name, degree, major, and ID number, if remembered. A staff member will contact you to make an appointment.
Alumni Beyond 2 Years of Graduation
Alumni beyond two years of graduation require a different level of service than the UCC can provide. The following are some community resources. These are not affiliated with the UCC and some may charge fees. Please inquire before obtaining service.
The National Career Development Association (NCDA) is a recognized leader in developing standards for the career development profession. Their Resources page contains additional information on choosing a career counselor and FAQs.
These are not affiliated with the UCC and some may charge fees. Please inquire before obtaining service.
- How to Return to Work After a Career Break - The Balance Careers
- iRelaunch - Return to work experts
- AARP Work Reimagined - working at 50+