Beginning in January, 2023, all Federal Work-Study positions are posted in Cardinal Careers.
Students who have been awarded Federal Work-Study as part of their financial aid package should log into Cardinal Careers to search for positions.
- Click on the image below and login with your ULink credentials.
- If logging in for the first time, you will be prompted to complete certain profile sections.
- Upload your resume after using resources on our website and having your resume reviewed through the Document Drop program. To upload resume, click on your initials in upper right corner of page in Cardinal Careers and go to "My Documents."
- Click on Jobs at the very top of page and search by position type of "Federal Work-Study." Review positions and apply to ones of interest using uploaded resume.
- If you have questions about your eligibility for Federal Work-Study, please contact the Student Financial Aid Office.
Departments wishing to post a position must follow these steps to go through the Financial Aid Office:
- Go to https://louisville.edu/financialaid
- Click on Dept Portal
- Click on Dept Portal again
- Log in with your UofL information
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Request to Post/Update FWS Job Description" link; This will open the form and you can complete your information from there.
Once the position is posted in Cardinal Careers, the department contact who requested the posting will receive an email with each student’s resume and other application documents you request attached. Each department is responsible for reviewing application documents and contacting students for interviews. When scheduling an interview, the department contact should ask the student to provide proof of Federal Work-Study award. Students receive these via email and can find by logging into ULink.